"Things are going well," David Reid, a CCP Games executive told Eurogamer. "We'll be in closed beta through the end of 2012, but it won't take much longer. With a bet this big you want to get things right."
According to Eurogamer, Dust 514 has received criticism for being unfriendly to new players, which the team plans to fix with video tutorials.
"We want to make it as accessible as Call of Duty and Battlefield," said Reid. "It's about getting people interested, then getting them down that rabbit hole into the Eve universe. Pretty soon they'll be at [annual convention] Fanfest getting a tattoo."
For those in the beta, Dust's double skill point weekend kicked off yesterday. Playes can earn double points for every headshot, NULL Cannon hack, dropship takedown and more through Nov. 8.
- Development hell: The video game
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free