The specifications for the Wii U's Internet browser are now available and reveal screen resolution, no plug-in support and more.
Plug-ins such as Flash will not be supported, nor will multi-touch features, which give users powers such as pinch-to-zoom. Only one TouchEvent, including touchstart or touchcancel, can be used at a time. Users will also be unable to save or upload videos and images.
The Wii U will allow owners to watch shows on their TV while browsing on the GamePad. Additionally, the Wii U will allow users to pause a game, launch a browser to search for tips on that title and then quickly resume play.
For the full list of Wii U specs, check out Nintendo's website.
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)