A teaser image for what may be upcoming downloadable content for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was posted to Bethesda's Twitter account this afternoon, along with the announcement of a full trailer coming Monday, Nov. 5.
The image is of someone wearing a Dragon Priest Mask, completely obscuring their face. A Dragon Priest Mask can be obtained in Skyrim by defeating the eight Dragon Priests scattered throughout the world. Each mask is made from a different material with unique properties, such as granting the wearer the ability to breathe underwater or making the wearer immune to poison and diseases.
Current speculation is that the next add-on content for Skyrim will be called Dragonborn, and will include new locations and armor types, according to a forum thread examing files from the game's latest patch. The content is also rumored to add Spears, previously used in Morrowind, as well as the ability to cast spells while in mounted combat.
Polygon has reached out to Bethesda for more information on the image and upcoming trailer, and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN