Call of Duty: Black Ops 2's pre-order bonus map Nuketown 2025 has returned to the regular rotation of playlists today, shortly after being removed from the game's Matchmaking component entirely, Treyarch announced this morning.
The map, which is modeled after the Nuketown map from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, is now available under the "Bonus" playlist, which contains the Chaos Moshpit gametype. This gametype features exclusively small maps and fast-paced multiplayer modes, and mixes Nuketown 2025 back into its rotation. As a result, only players who have the Nuketown 2025 DLC will see the Bonus option listed among their playlist choices.
Yesterday, Activision and Treyarch made the unpopular decision to remove the Nuketown 2025 24/7 playlist from that list, effectively preventing players from using Matchmaking to find opponents on the map, or earn experience for their accomplishments.
We're still waiting to hear why that Nuketown-exclusive playlist was deactivated in the first place. One possible reason could be that the map's diminutive size allowed for very short matches with very high kill counts, allowing players to level up extremely fast.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free