Call of Duty: Black Ops 2's pre-order bonus map Nuketown 2025 has returned to the regular rotation of playlists today, shortly after being removed from the game's Matchmaking component entirely, Treyarch announced this morning.
The map, which is modeled after the Nuketown map from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, is now available under the "Bonus" playlist, which contains the Chaos Moshpit gametype. This gametype features exclusively small maps and fast-paced multiplayer modes, and mixes Nuketown 2025 back into its rotation. As a result, only players who have the Nuketown 2025 DLC will see the Bonus option listed among their playlist choices.
Yesterday, Activision and Treyarch made the unpopular decision to remove the Nuketown 2025 24/7 playlist from that list, effectively preventing players from using Matchmaking to find opponents on the map, or earn experience for their accomplishments.
We're still waiting to hear why that Nuketown-exclusive playlist was deactivated in the first place. One possible reason could be that the map's diminutive size allowed for very short matches with very high kill counts, allowing players to level up extremely fast.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft