The Netflix app that launched day-one on the Wii U does not include the '@' symbol on its keyboard, preventing some users from entering their passwords, with several console owners pointing out the omission on social networking sites.
Reddit user "jersully" posted a chat interaction with Netflix customer service yesterday, in which a representative writes "there's no @ functionality on the enter password system" and that the user must replace the symbol with another character in order to access his account.
"The Netflix Wii U app somehow doesn't have '@' in the keyboard for passwords," iOS software maker Panic Inc.'s founder Cabel Maxfield Sasser tweeted yesterday. "Phone support didn't believe me."
The only current solution for Netflix users with a '@' in their password is to change their password online, then go back to the Wii U app.
We have reached out to Nintendo for information on why the '@' symbol was omitted, and will update this story with more details as we have them.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance