Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will not initially include the ability for same-sex avatars to marry, though the development team will consider player feedback and re-evaluate the matter at a later time, director Naoki Yoshida said in a recent video answering fan questions about the rebooted title.
A Realm Reborn will add the ability for avatars to get married, and the design team has included special in-game sanctums so players can hold "proper services and such." It may not be available at launch, notes Yoshida, but will likely be added by one of the game's first patches.
"As for same-sex marriage, this is an extremely controversial topic that has been under discussion in the MMO world for the past few years," Yoshida said. "First we would like to start out with opposite-sex marriage, and then consider the feedback from our players in order to make a careful decision. I can't say whether or not it will be possible at this point in time. I'd like to keep dialog open with our players as we deliberate the matter."
A Realm Reborn is scheduled to release mid-2013 for PC and PlayStation 3.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!