Select games, expansions and Avatar outfits on Xbox Live Marketplace have been heavily discounted as a Black Friday promotion, including half-price deals on Arcade games like Spelunky and Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013.
The full list, which is embedded as an Excel document on the blog of Microsoft spokesperson Larry Hryb, includes 50 percent discounts on XBLA titles like Spelunky (now 600 Microsoft Points/$7.50), Magic: the Gathering 2013 (400 Microsoft Points/$5), Rock Band Blitz (600 Microsoft Points/$7.50), Daytona USA (400 Microsoft Points/$5) and more.
A number of Games on Demand titles have had their prices slashed from $29.99 down to $19.99, including Dead Island, Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. Downloadable content is also on the chopping block — if you've hesitated to pick up expansions for Forza Motorsport 4, Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs, now would be an opportune time to do so.
These offers and more will only be available through Cyber Monday, Nov. 26.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'