Apple brand products are ranking over video game consoles like the Wii U and PlayStation Vita on Christmas wishlists this year, according to a recent survey conducted by Nielsen Wire.
Nearly half of children under 12 surveyed said they want an iPad for Christmas, as shown in the infographic below. The next most-demanded item is the Wii U with 38 percent of children requesting it. Directly below the Wii U are the iPod touch, iPad mini and iPhone.
The second-highest ranking dedicated gaming console is the 3DS handheld at 29 percent. Representing consoles at the bottom of the chart is the PlayStation Vita, with only 14 percent of children saying they want one for Christmas.
In the second infographic below, survey takers 13 years and older also express the most interest in an iPad, with one in five people requesting the tablet. Computer and non-Apple brand tablets come second and third, leading over the Wii U at 17 percent. Smartphones, e-readers and tablets dominate the list, with consoles including the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 garnering less than 10 percent interest.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Getting a PS4
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse