PlayStation Vita hardware sales have jumped from this week to 13,091 units sold compared to 4,021 units sold last week, according to the Japanese Hardware chart made available by Gematsu.
The sales boost of over 9000 units pushes the PS Vita into fourth place on the Media Create-compiled sales chart, above PlayStation Portable. Last week the device fell to fifth place below the PSP when it hit a new sales low in Japan.
The 3DS XL, 3DS and PlayStation 3 all sold fewer units compared to last week, in comparison with 3DS XL selling 117,435 units, 3DS selling 51,441 units and PlayStation 3 selling 17,035. Sales information from last week is available here.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.