PlayStation Vita hardware sales have jumped from this week to 13,091 units sold compared to 4,021 units sold last week, according to the Japanese Hardware chart made available by Gematsu.
The sales boost of over 9000 units pushes the PS Vita into fourth place on the Media Create-compiled sales chart, above PlayStation Portable. Last week the device fell to fifth place below the PSP when it hit a new sales low in Japan.
The 3DS XL, 3DS and PlayStation 3 all sold fewer units compared to last week, in comparison with 3DS XL selling 117,435 units, 3DS selling 51,441 units and PlayStation 3 selling 17,035. Sales information from last week is available here.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)