Square Enix offers a guided tour of the revamped world of Final Fantasy 14 in new gameplay video of the alpha version of A Realm Reborn. In the latest look at Square Enix's massively multiplayer online role-playing game, players visit The Black Shroud.
This quiet, combat-free look at the vast forest surrounding the city of Gridania showcases the vistas, landmarks and flora and fauna of A Realm Reborn. Our look at the Black Shroud also highlights Final Fantasy 14's updated map system that reveals itself as players explore its virtual fantasy world.
"On this guided tour through the Shroud, adventurers will visit an aetheryte camp, where they'll spot a mysterious balloon floating above an adjacent building, and take in a gorgeous view of a nearby waterfall and the surrounding foliage," Square Enix's community manager Triary writes.
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is currently in alpha testing as Square Enix reworks the game. The overhauled MMO is scheduled to re-release in mid 2013 on Windows PC and PlayStation 3.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy