Guilty Gear developer Arc System Works will hold a large-scale national tournament in Japan next year to celebrate the company's 25th anniversary, it announced today on its official page.
The tournament will coincide with the 15th anniversary and 5th anniversary of the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue franchises, respectively. Event participants will go head-to-head in three of the developer's most recent fighting titles: BlazBlue Chronophantasma, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R and Persona 4 Arena.
The company has already opened a teaser site for the tournament, using the name "Arc Cup" in the URL and hinting at a possible name for the event.
Arc System Works held its first official tournament for BlazBlue in Japan this past March, with 500 players participating weekly over two months of qualifying rounds. The tournament announced for 2013 is the result of fan request after the popularity of the BlazBlue event and will be part of the company's official anniversary celebration.
The developer has promised more information on the tournament at a later date.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer