Racing game Grid 2's list of in-game accolades will be written by Xbox360Achievements.org and co-site PS3Trophies.org, game developer and publisher Codemasters announced via press release.
Executive Producer of Codemasters Racing Studio Clive Moody explained the choice, calling Xbox 360 Achievements and PS3 Trophies "the recognized ‘go to' sites" for gamers looking to fulfill in-game objectives.
"It's a new approach," Moody said, "but we think it will be a lot of fun and a great way to give players an insight into this increasingly important element of game design."
The Editor-in-Chief of both sites, Dan Webb, views it as an opportunity, calling it his "biggest personal goal."
"For years we've been criticizing lackluster achievement and trophy lists, and now, we finally get the chance to put our money where our mouth is," Webb said. Their progress will be tracked and published through features, video blogs and more for fans to follow along.
Grid 2 was officially announced in August for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game will feature tracks in the Unitest States, Europe and Asia, with visits to cities such as Paris and Abu Dhabi. An official release date has not yet been announced, although the game is expected to release in summer of 2013.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft