2K Sports appears to have taken down the servers for a number of its titles including All-Pro Football 2K8, NHL 2K10, College Hoops 2K8 and the year-old NBA 2K12.
Users first noticed problems when trying to connect to the games' servers three weeks ago. A message telling players to check their connection kept appearing and players could not access online support.
A number of users took the issue to the 2K Sports forum, where a customer support representative wrote:
Christopher Z., Nov 05 11:04 (PST)
As of 11/1/12, all of the 2K Sports servers (with the exception of NBA 2K13 and MLB 2K12) are now offline. We do not have any information that leads us to believe these online features will be turned back on. If you have any questions, please visit the following page:
Please note that we, here at 2k Sports Customer Support, do not have any further information regarding the status of these servers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Kotaku confirmed that as of today, the only 2K Sports titles with online support are Top Spin 4, Major League Baseball 2K12 and NBA 2K13. All other 2K Sports games displayed a message indicating that the servers were down.
Polygon has reached out to 2K Sports for comment.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance