More details about the Tomb Raider's side stories, hidden rooms and Lara Croft's climbing abilities will be detailed next month as the team behind the game launches a new publicity push, Crystal Dynamics' Karl Stewart tweeted over the weekend.
During an hour-long fan question and answer session on Twitter, Stewart answered a slew of game-related questions in 140-character bursts.
For instance, we learned that the island-marooned Lara Croft won't be able to swim in this game. That the game will take 12 to 15 hours to complete. That there will be "tons" of hidden rooms and side stories and that players won't have to be familiar with the series to enjoy the game.
"This is day one," Stewart Twitted, when asked whether a gamer has to play the older ones to understand this new one. "All new."
The storyline will also have "plenty of twists" and, if the game does well, a sequel.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- NIS America to make its GaymerX payment 'in full,' conference founder apologizes