Dragon's Dogma will receive free DLC Dec. 4 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 that brings previously-announced new modes and rewards to Capcom's action role-playing game, according to a post on the game's Japanese website.
Earlier this year, the game received a patch to make its difficulty more palatable, but the DLC's new Hard Mode, which unlocks after completing the game, increases difficulty. Finishing the challenge will net players "'the king's robe set territory Edman equipment' and 'Abyss hardware equipment,'" according to a translation from Google. Time Attack Mode will unlock "'Serena (set tunic of forest)' and 'equipment Burnaby (set of men's dress Minmin)'."
After Dragon's Dogma shipped 1 million copies to retailers, Capcom announced its intention to convert the game into a franchise. Another DLC offering, Dark Arisen, is scheduled for release early next year. You can check out Polygon's review of the game here.
The game's website confirms the Japanese release date. We've reached out to Capcom to see if and when the DLC is headed to other regions and will update this article as more information becomes available.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'