Sony's thematic brawler PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is getting the parody treatment on Adult Swim's stop-motion comedy program Robot Chicken, the show's executive producer Matthew Senreich announced today on the PlayStation Blog.
The clip posted above gives a sneak peek at the game's program spot, which airs tonight at 10 p.m. ET on Cartoon Network.
Senreich writes that PlayStation asked the show's team to "play" with the game's character roster, inspiring the writers to have the "geek discussions we all love to have." For the spot's story, head writer Douglas Goldstein and "super gamer" writers Mike Fasolo and Rachel Bloom penned a short story about these characters time out of the arena, catching them in their off-duty hours.
"We are all gamers. It's that simple. A crossover appeared," Senreich wrote.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements