The Wii U version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 suffers framerate problems not present in its PS3 and Xbox 360 counterparts, according to an in-depth breakdown from the tech statisticians at Digital Foundry.
Though the Wii U version manages to hold its own in the graphics department, the series' characteristic 60 frames-per-second gameplay frequently dips into the 30s and 40s on Black Ops 2 for Nintendo's new console. As seen in a number of comparison videos tracking how the game performs across the three consoles, the Wii U's frame rate drops significantly whenever a large number of characters or special effects are shown on-screen.
During a press event in June, an Activision spokesperson told Polygon that "60 FPS is our goal," adding that frame rate might suffer "in dual-screen mode, which is to be expected."
You can check out comparison videos and even a technical breakdown of Black Ops 2's Wii U GamePad display at Digital Foundry's home on Eurogamer.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?