The Wii U version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 suffers framerate problems not present in its PS3 and Xbox 360 counterparts, according to an in-depth breakdown from the tech statisticians at Digital Foundry.
Though the Wii U version manages to hold its own in the graphics department, the series' characteristic 60 frames-per-second gameplay frequently dips into the 30s and 40s on Black Ops 2 for Nintendo's new console. As seen in a number of comparison videos tracking how the game performs across the three consoles, the Wii U's frame rate drops significantly whenever a large number of characters or special effects are shown on-screen.
During a press event in June, an Activision spokesperson told Polygon that "60 FPS is our goal," adding that frame rate might suffer "in dual-screen mode, which is to be expected."
You can check out comparison videos and even a technical breakdown of Black Ops 2's Wii U GamePad display at Digital Foundry's home on Eurogamer.
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- What do Shakespeare and The Last of Us movie have in common?
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible