A number of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 players logged into the game today to find that they had disappeared from the game's leaderboard and their scores had been wiped.
Some users noted that both their scores and rankings appeared to have been reset to zero, with one player posting to the Call of Duty forums to say that his score of 1.8 million and ranking of 1800 was reset within the space of an hour.
Treyarch responded to the issue on Twitter by announcing that it is aware of the problem and currently looking for a solution.
Since this morning's backend update, we've been made aware of leaderboard issues that some are having - we're looking into it, stand by.— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) November 27, 2012
Currently working through server side issues re leaderboards...they'll be re-enabled as soon as we've fixed the issue...stand by.— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) November 27, 2012
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios