A number of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 players logged into the game today to find that they had disappeared from the game's leaderboard and their scores had been wiped.
Some users noted that both their scores and rankings appeared to have been reset to zero, with one player posting to the Call of Duty forums to say that his score of 1.8 million and ranking of 1800 was reset within the space of an hour.
Treyarch responded to the issue on Twitter by announcing that it is aware of the problem and currently looking for a solution.
Since this morning's backend update, we've been made aware of leaderboard issues that some are having - we're looking into it, stand by.— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) November 27, 2012
Currently working through server side issues re leaderboards...they'll be re-enabled as soon as we've fixed the issue...stand by.— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) November 27, 2012
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer