Guild Wars 2 players who are unhappy with a character's appearance but don't want to start from scratch just to change it now have the option to pay for cosmetic makeovers, through two new items that developer ArenaNet added to the in-game store today.
The Self-Style Hair Kit costs 250 gems, while the Total Makeover Kit costs 350 gems; bulk discounts are available for both items. According to the official Guild Wars 2 Twitter account, ArenaNet didn't add any new character customization options along with the items, and neither item can be used to change a character's name.
Guild Wars 2 launched on PC this past August; a Mac version is currently in beta. Check out the image below to see what the items look like in the Black Lion Trading Company, the game's store.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song