The iOS port of Pitfall!, the Temple Run-inspired remake of the classic 1982 Atari game, became permanently free-to-play today and added a new mode called Relic Rush, according to a post on One of Swords.
A promotion that began recently to temporarily reduce the price to free is now permanent. Today's Relic Rush mode update introduces time trials, more hidden treasures and gives Pitfall Harry's outfits the ability to provide bonuses.
Released earlier this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original, the game is the first created by developer Blast Furnace, formerly known as Activision Leeds. Be sure to check out our review of Pitfall!, which called it a "fun, bombastic and greedy reimagining of the 1980s original" before you download the now-free game on the iOS App Store.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4