Developer Robomodo released a title update for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD today, adding the combo-extending revert trick to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game. That addition was previously announced to be part of the game's upcoming downloadable content, but has instead been released as part of a free update.
The revert was introduced in 2001's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, letting players build upon vert combos. Since Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is based upon tricks and levels from the first two games, the move was not included in the remake's original design.
Robomodo confirmed in a post on Facebook today that with the addition of reverts to THPS HD, "the high scores are already going from crazytown insane to full-on loonball bananas."
The HD Revert Pack will be released for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD on Dec. 4 for $4.99/400 Microsoft Points. It will include skaters Steve Caballero and Geoff Rowley, as well as Metallica's James Hetfield and Robert Trujillo; and the Airport, Canada and Los Angeles levels from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down