Dishonored's commercial success turned Bethesda's one-game gamble into a franchise, Bethesda spokesman Pete Hines told Destructoid.
According to Hines, sales of the stealth title exceeded the company's internal expectations, adding "we clearly have a new franchise."
"I can tell you that Dishonored is far exceeding our sales expectations, which is especially cool considering it's new IP facing a host of well-established franchises this quarter," he said. "We did terrific numbers again this past weekend, both in stores and on Steam, where Dishonored was listed as the #1 selling title over the holiday weekend. And Dishonored has really sold well overseas.
"So, we're very pleased and appreciate all the fans that have supported Dishonored and Arkane [Studios]. We clearly have a new franchise."
Yesterday, Dishonored's first DLC offering, Dunwall City Trials, was announced for a launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on Dec. 11.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- On Patreon support
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League