Far Cry 3 launches on Dec. 4, and Ubisoft has put out a "critical" pre-release patch for the PC version that the company says "needs to be installed in order [for players] to benefit from an optimal game experience."
Installing or restarting the Uplay client will automatically begin the update process, and Ubisoft is directing players to keep trying if the game crashes at launch. The patch addresses issues such as "game stability and performance," although Ubisoft did not list specific problems in the patch notes:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- "Flare gun" kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution.
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
- Map Editor
- Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
- Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- "Weapon cache" mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.
Far Cry 3 launches on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Nov. 29 in Europe, on Nov. 30 in the U.K. and on Dec. 4 in North America.
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Mount & Blade: Warband gets a full port from Windows PC to mobile
- Flappy is a plush toy game controller for playing Flappy Bird
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- Tower of Guns - Overview video
- Titanfall: Free the Frontier live-action teaser is as frenetic as the game
- Big Fish now supports Bitcoin for all its online games
- Microsoft addresses ID@Xbox launch parity 'on a case by case basis'