"Contrary to reports on forums," he said, the Wii U title will begin to receive that content "in the coming weeks."
Singh gave no further details on the timetable, so the arrival and frequency of roster updates and patches on the Wii U remains to be seen. 2K Sports has done a poor job of releasing accurate rosters for the console and PC versions of NBA 2K13, leaving out numerous current NBA players and adjusting very few players' ratings.
Developer Visual Concepts did release the game's first major patch yesterday on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, hitting the expected late November release window. It includes a number of tweaks and bug fixes based in part on user feedback, like altering the percentage of successful three-point shots. Here's the full list of patch notes:
- Improved AI rebounding logic to balance out offensive rebound frequency.
- Tuned AI transition defense; users will now have more fast break opportunities against the CPU. Additionally, CPU teammates are now more able to guard their opponents on the break.
- Long range passes are now less accurate and will result in more fumbled and missed catches.
- Passing successfully out of a double team has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
- Tuned the logic behind Charging calls so that they are properly called. Charges will now sometimes be called when the defender is in position and stationary, even if he is not in the "Take Charge" animation.
- Tuned timing on block animations, and made the AI more vigilant about blocking layups and dunks.
- Improved reach-in foul detection when defender continually swipes at the ball, results in more called fouls where appropriate.
- AI now only calls for a full court press in appropriate situations (i.e. late in the game).
- Addressed two dunk animations that were not counting for a score when they were converted.
- Fixed an issue where Replay would show the incorrect play, rather than what actually happened on the court.
- AI positioning when running plays has been tuned so that big men with limited shooting range will not move further away from the basket than what their range allows.
- AI teammates will now remain in the Post Up position longer when a Quick Post play is called for them.
- Tuned alley-oop and putback dunks such that only players who have a high tendency to perform either move are able to finish with one.
- Removed the restrictions for the ‘Microwave’ Signature Skill such that it now works regardless of whether you are already on a hot or cold streak.
- When a block is recorded for a player with the ‘Eraser’ Signature Skill, only the shooting attributes of the blocked player are lowered.
- Fixed a rare issue where a traveling violation would be called on a pass fake.
- Referee Review on last shot will no longer play if the shot has no effect on the outcome of the game.
- A number of other smaller changes have been made to address issues and enhance the user experience.
- Tuned three-point percentage.
- NIKEiD shoes will now appear properly in-game after being equipped to a player.
- Addressed an issue where the game score would disappear in Blacktop games when Signature Highlights were viewed in the pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where Free Throw Feedback would no longer appear in games after playing an Online MyTEAM game.
- Addressed an issue in Online MyTEAM games where the away team player would have the Signature Skills of the home team player if identical players were used in the game by both players.
- Music will no longer be disabled and Game Settings will no longer revert back to Default when completing an online game in MyTEAM.
- Changed the difficulty settings for all of the seeds in MyTEAM.
- (360) Addressed a Kinect issue where a misleading overlay would appear when a timeout was called through a voice command when no timeouts were remaining.
- Added additional warning re: conversion of an online MyCAREER (one that earns VC) to an offline MyCAREER (one that earns Skill Points).
- Fixed an issue where the remainder of the user’s schedule would appear empty after participating in the various All-Star Weekend events. This change also carries over to Association/Season modes.
- ‘Run Plays’ and ‘PlayVision’ should now function properly (when activated), regardless of your MyPLAYER’s position.
- Fixed an issue where all games in October would be simulated when ‘Play Next Game’ is selected after the start of a new season.
- Users playing MyCAREERs that accrue Skill Points will no longer find themselves with negative skill points after played games (where a number of unlikely conditions were all met).
- Addressed a rare hang that would occur if the "Defend Your Home Court" billboard commercial would play between quarters of the Rising Stars Challenge or All-Star game.
- Addressed a number of issues with the Social Media feature, including one where the news feed would stop updating completely.
- When changing teams via free agency in the offseason, your MyPLAYER will now receive the proper role (starter, sixth man, etc.) that was promised during the contract negotiation.
- You will no longer fail the Dynamic Goal "Give your team the lead before the game ends" when subbed out before the end of the game.
- The Teammate Chemistry rating on the "Play Next Game" loading screen should now display the correct value (as seen in the Social Media menu).
- The volume of the menu music and sound effects will no longer become extremely quiet after playing consecutive games in MyCAREER.
- 3PT Tendency progression logic has been rewritten to correctly model the growth variances within each player type in the game. This change also carries over to MyCAREER mode.
- Users will no longer lose their Scouting Reports after viewing the Recent Games tab of a player card.
- Birth years can now be set to later than 1993 when editing Draft Classes after the first season of Association.
- Addressed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to participate in the Dunk Contest with a created player assigned to a created team.
- (Association: Online) Offense and Defense options should now save properly when using the Total Sim Control feature.
- (Association: Online) Admins will now have access to appropriate Commissioner Tools during the offseason.
The fixes and improvements will apply to existing save games in modes like Association and MyCareer; NBA 2K13 players won't have to start from scratch.
NBA 2K13 launched in early October on PS3, 360, PC, Wii and PSP, and was a Wii U launch title.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Ghosts' latest map pack lets you kill with mine carts, extreme Canadian weather
- If you watch one 16-minute a cappella history of video games, make it this one
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- Killer Instinct's first season is coming to retail with a TJ Combo combo
- Watch The Sims 4's emotional new trailer