Daryl Dixon, the protagonist of Terminal Reality's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, will be voiced by Norman Reedus, the actor who plays him on the AMC television series, the studio announced today.
Creative director Drew Haworth and audio director Kyle Richards traveled to Atlanta to record Reedus performing in-game dialogue in two sessions. According to Richards, Reedus had not previously worked on a video game (Reedus was signed on to appear in The Boondock Saints Video Game). But Haworth called him "the kind of actor that really makes writers look good," saying, "He gets the scene, the line, and what you're going for instantly and then doubles down on it, effortlessly 'Darylizing' lines for maximum punch."
Reedus will be joined in the game by the actor Michael Rooker, who plays Daryl's brother, Merle Dixon, on the TV show. Survival Instinct will focus on their journey to Atlanta.
Terminal Reality says Survival Instinct will be a first-person shooter with survival horror elements, and its zombies will be able to use sight, sound and smell to track the Dixon brothers. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, published by Activision, is set for release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC in 2013.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell