Level-5 announced today that it will release game designer Yasumi Matsuno's Crimson Shroud, the third title from its Guild01 compilation, in North America and Europe on Dec. 13 via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
Crimson Shroud is a downloadable role-playing game built on tabletop conventions. Players control Giauque, a Chaser who hunts missing items and finds himself drawn to the titular Crimson Shroud. Battles are decided by dice rolls and require players to strategically chain together skills to succeed.
Game designer Yasumi Matsuno is best known for his work on Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics and the Tactics Ogre series. Matsuno announced that he was leaving Level-5 earlier this month.
Crimson Shroud will be the third — and apparently final — game in the Guild01 compilation released as a downloadable 3DS title in the West. The first, Liberation Maiden, was released stateside on Oct. 25. The second, Yoot Sait's puzzle game Aero Porter, released today for $4.99.
In the U.S., Crimson Shroud will be priced at $7.99.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death