Four lucky Rockstar Games Social Club members will be digitally immortalized in the upcoming Max Payne 3 downloadable content pack Painful Memories. As part of a promotion for the game's multiplayer, the four Max Payne fans have had their likenesses digitized for the role of the De Marcos Abroad faction.
The fans will play members of the De Marco crime family and will come to Max Payne 3 with in-game wardrobe options ranging "from beach attire to New Jersey goombah business chic," Rockstar says.
The quartet — from Argentina, Hawaii, New Hampshire and Belgium in the real real world — auditioned for the digitized honor by taking part in a series of special multiplayer events surrounding Max Payne 3 this summer.
Max Payne 3's Painful Memories pack will be released on Dec. 4 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC. In addition to the new avatars, the add-on also includes four new multiplayer maps, new weapons and the Hangover Burst, an ability that causes multiplayer enemies to respawn with blurred vision, reduced stamina and lower health.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free