PlanetSide 2's external beta will officially come to an end on Nov. 16, four days before launch, and players will be able to claim names as soon as Nov. 5, Sony Online Entertainment announced.
The PlanetSide 2 beta has been running since August. For those currently in the beta, the game's previously announced third continent, Amerish, is now available to play. Amerish, which is designed after the Scottish highlands, provides a heavily forested swamp environment for players to explore.
SOE has also partnered with Twitch to allow players to broadcast gameplay directly; PlanetSide 2 is the first game to feature one-click streaming abilities.
PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game from SOE. The game will release for PC on Nov. 20; a Mac OS version is planned for a later date.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy