Todd McFarlane's toy company opened pre-orders on Friday for a resin statue based on the live action series Halo: Forward Unto Dawn, pricing the collectible — expected to ship in December — at $225.
McFarlane Toys says it's limiting the hand-painted, cold-cast statue to 500 pieces and selling it exclusively through its online store. The 14-inch tall resin statue depicts a scene from the fifth and final episode of Halo: Forward Unto Dawn, the digital series created to promote Halo 4, in which Master Chief takes down a Hunter.
The Halo franchise has long been a staple of McFarlane Toys' lineup. Since 2008, the toy maker has released action figures and vehicles based on Halo 3, Halo Wars and Halo: Reach. The company released its first wave of toys based on Halo 4 in August.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- Invisible, Inc. is more interested in quiet observation than murder