Team Ninja's port of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus for the PlayStation Vita will have an additional lower-level mode for new Ninja Gaiden players, along with modified controls to allow throwing opponents via the touchscreen, reports Siliconera.
The new lower "Hero" difficulty will make Ryu automatically guard against attacks if the player begins to struggle in battle.
Additional game modes have also been added. In Ninja Race, Ryu can snag special items as he runs through levels for a speed boost, and attack power bonuses are piled on on as rewards for chaining enemy kills. Tag Mission mode lets players switch between Ryu, Ayane, Momiji and Rachel as they complete its missions.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus is coming to PlayStation Vita on Feb. 28 for ¥6,090 (about $74). The port will be available in North America in early 2013.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Phil Spencer: Games with Gold will feel 'more true' to what consumers want in the future
- When a successful game is a failure