The Humble THQ Bundle, which offers up seven of the publisher's best Windows PC games for as little as $5.70, soared past $2 million dollars in payments in less than a day and is still going strong with a dozen more days to go.
The top contributor to date is THQ president Jason Rubin who later tweeted, in response to a question, that he opted to have all of his payment go to the bundle's two charities.
The Humble THQ Bundle includes Windows PC Steam codes for Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opening Fronts, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor and five game soundtracks for a pay-what-you-want price. If you decide to pay more than the current average payment (which is $5.69 as of this writing.) you also receive a copy of Saints Row the Third. People buying the bundle can decide how to allocate that money, splitting it however they want between THQ, the Humble Bundle organization or the Child's Play and American Red Cross charities.
The bundle lists the top ten contributors on its page. Just below Rubin's $1,050 price is a $1024 purchase of the bundle by Turtle Rock Studios, which is currently working on a game for THQ. The total as of this writing stands at just over $2.2 million in payments from nearly 390,000 people.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Mon Aug 18