After more than 24 years in publication, the final issue of Nintendo Power will be delivered next month, carrying with it a cover that's a touching homage to the magazine's very first issue.
The cover, which leaked yesterday, is a recreation of the clay tableau of the first issue's cover story: an 18-page preview of Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. As seen above, the cover story for the final issue of Nintendo Power is on New Super Mario Bros. U, giving the cover's designers a chance to honor the magazine's debut in style.
The final issue of Nintendo Power is already shipping to subscribers, and expected to hit newsstands Dec. 11. The magazine's offices closed last month — we'd like to wish everyone formerly with the outlet the best of luck in finding new opportunities.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?