After more than 24 years in publication, the final issue of Nintendo Power will be delivered next month, carrying with it a cover that's a touching homage to the magazine's very first issue.
The cover, which leaked yesterday, is a recreation of the clay tableau of the first issue's cover story: an 18-page preview of Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. As seen above, the cover story for the final issue of Nintendo Power is on New Super Mario Bros. U, giving the cover's designers a chance to honor the magazine's debut in style.
The final issue of Nintendo Power is already shipping to subscribers, and expected to hit newsstands Dec. 11. The magazine's offices closed last month — we'd like to wish everyone formerly with the outlet the best of luck in finding new opportunities.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today