After more than 24 years in publication, the final issue of Nintendo Power will be delivered next month, carrying with it a cover that's a touching homage to the magazine's very first issue.
The cover, which leaked yesterday, is a recreation of the clay tableau of the first issue's cover story: an 18-page preview of Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. As seen above, the cover story for the final issue of Nintendo Power is on New Super Mario Bros. U, giving the cover's designers a chance to honor the magazine's debut in style.
The final issue of Nintendo Power is already shipping to subscribers, and expected to hit newsstands Dec. 11. The magazine's offices closed last month — we'd like to wish everyone formerly with the outlet the best of luck in finding new opportunities.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!