After more than 24 years in publication, the final issue of Nintendo Power will be delivered next month, carrying with it a cover that's a touching homage to the magazine's very first issue.
The cover, which leaked yesterday, is a recreation of the clay tableau of the first issue's cover story: an 18-page preview of Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. As seen above, the cover story for the final issue of Nintendo Power is on New Super Mario Bros. U, giving the cover's designers a chance to honor the magazine's debut in style.
The final issue of Nintendo Power is already shipping to subscribers, and expected to hit newsstands Dec. 11. The magazine's offices closed last month — we'd like to wish everyone formerly with the outlet the best of luck in finding new opportunities.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.