Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, developer Ratloop's paltforming adventure game, is headed to PlayStation Vita in early 2013 with several new features, according to a post on the PlayStation blog by Sian Yue Tan, a producer and head of the studio.
The game, which was a finalist at the 2010 Independent Games Festival when it was known as Rocketbirds: Revolution! , was released in October 2011 for PlayStation 3 with new features like stereoscopic 3D and Jet Pack mode. Next year's Vita version will include more iterations.
"We added things like new chapters, puzzles and humor..."
"We added things like new chapters, puzzles and humor," Tan writes, "a unique new Hardboiled difficulty setting; improvements to the controls to utilize the PS Vita's unique features; and improved connectivity for the cooperative campaign."
Hardboiled mode cranks up the difficulty by paring down your weapon set to a pea shooter and a knife. The Vita port will also include "a couple of huge new chapters" with accompanying cinematic sequences and two new playable characters, Sniper Guy and Agent-H.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken is scheduled for a first quarter 2013 release on Vita, which means you can expect to see it between Jan. 1 and March 31. In the meantime, you can also check it out on PlayStation 3 or Steam.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Disney Infinity's Phineas and Agent P arrive first at GameStop March 15