A second closed beta test for kitbash mech shooter Hawken is set to kick off this Thursday, developers at Adhesive Games tell Polygon.
The beta will run from this Thursday through to Tuesday, Nov. 13. This round of testing will also introduce a taste of the game's monetization with the Vanguard Initiative.
The initiative is basically a set of bundles, which run from $5 up to $60, that go on sale starting this week. The $5 recruit package buys your way into the beta and gives you $5 worth of in-game currency, while the other packages also give you access to a prototype mech, exclusive camo and emblems, experience point and Hawken point boosts and, if you spring for the $60 package, gets your name listed in the Hawken game credits.
Meteor Points, which will be available come launch of the open beta in December, are used to buy customizations for mechs in your garage.
Closed beta keys will be popping up in a number of places, including through Polygon.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these GoldenEye proximity mines