A second closed beta test for kitbash mech shooter Hawken is set to kick off this Thursday, developers at Adhesive Games tell Polygon.
The beta will run from this Thursday through to Tuesday, Nov. 13. This round of testing will also introduce a taste of the game's monetization with the Vanguard Initiative.
The initiative is basically a set of bundles, which run from $5 up to $60, that go on sale starting this week. The $5 recruit package buys your way into the beta and gives you $5 worth of in-game currency, while the other packages also give you access to a prototype mech, exclusive camo and emblems, experience point and Hawken point boosts and, if you spring for the $60 package, gets your name listed in the Hawken game credits.
Meteor Points, which will be available come launch of the open beta in December, are used to buy customizations for mechs in your garage.
Closed beta keys will be popping up in a number of places, including through Polygon.
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today