It marks the first time that the original game has been downloadable through EA. According to the company, it was made available for two milestones: the Battlefield series' 10th anniversary this fall, and a mark of 2 million subscribers to Battlefield Premium, the season pass for Battlefield 3 expansions.
The next Battlefield 3 add-on, Aftermath, launches later this year; the final expansion, End Game, is set for release in March 2013. EA has sold more than 17 million copies of Battlefield 3 since its release just over one year ago.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?