Mass Effect 3 Special Edition for the Wii U will include an updated version of Dark Horse's interactive comic Genesis, allowing players to make decisions at pivotal moments from Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, external producer Melanie Faulknor announced on the BioWare blog today.
The comic will be included on-disc with the From Ashes and Extended Cut single-player campaigns and the Rebellion, Resurgence and Earth multiplayer packs. This digital issue of Genesis will also allow Mass Effect 3 players to make decisions at key points featured in the previous two games. These choices will create a save file that will be used for Mass Effect 3, granting players access to more storylines.
Mass Effect: Genesis was first included in the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2, recounting the events of the first game originally released only for Xbox 360 and PC.
Faulknor also detailed use of the Wii U's GamePad. Players can use the controller to direct squadmates and play the entire game from the GamePad.
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition will be available alongside the Wii U at launch in North America on Nov. 18, in Europe on Nov. 30, and Japan on Dec. 5.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic