Mass Effect 3 Special Edition for the Wii U will include an updated version of Dark Horse's interactive comic Genesis, allowing players to make decisions at pivotal moments from Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, external producer Melanie Faulknor announced on the BioWare blog today.
The comic will be included on-disc with the From Ashes and Extended Cut single-player campaigns and the Rebellion, Resurgence and Earth multiplayer packs. This digital issue of Genesis will also allow Mass Effect 3 players to make decisions at key points featured in the previous two games. These choices will create a save file that will be used for Mass Effect 3, granting players access to more storylines.
Mass Effect: Genesis was first included in the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2, recounting the events of the first game originally released only for Xbox 360 and PC.
Faulknor also detailed use of the Wii U's GamePad. Players can use the controller to direct squadmates and play the entire game from the GamePad.
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition will be available alongside the Wii U at launch in North America on Nov. 18, in Europe on Nov. 30, and Japan on Dec. 5.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman