Microsoft's Power Up Competition, a contest to find the best Windows 8 store games, is "aimed at the growing number of indy game developers in the U.K.," according to the MSDN U.K. blog.
To enter, U.K. developers who have submitted their game to the Windows 8 store need to email Microsoft with information about the themselves and the game. Winners will be determined from a panel of judges including representatives from Microsoft Studios, Dolby and Nokia, based on criteria like the game's originality and "creative use of audio."
The first prize winner will receive mentoring from industry veterans, a public relations campaign and a trailer for the winning game, among other prizes. The second prize winner will receive a Nokia Lumia 920, a £250 Visa gift card and a mentoring session. The top 10 finalists will be invited to an award ceremony to be held at Dolby's London headquarters in January 2013.
Microsoft will accept entries through Dec. 14, 2012. You can find more information on the Power Up Competition's official website.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer