Microsoft's Xbox SmartGlass app is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch from the iTunes App Store. The SmartGlass app lets iOS device owners control aspects of the Xbox 360 dashboard from a touchscreen device.
Xbox SmartGlass was first released for Windows-based devices in October alongside the release of Windows 8 and Microsoft Surface. A version of SmartGlass for Android smartphones was also released on Oct. 26.
The SmartGlass app lets users navigate the Xbox 360 dashboard with touchscreen swipes and taps, control video and music applications, edit their Xbox Live avatars, type via the iPhone and iPad on-screen keyboard and more.
The iOS version of Xbox SmartGlass requires iOS 5.0 or later. The free app replaces the previously released My Xbox Live app.
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story