Microsoft's Xbox SmartGlass app is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch from the iTunes App Store. The SmartGlass app lets iOS device owners control aspects of the Xbox 360 dashboard from a touchscreen device.
Xbox SmartGlass was first released for Windows-based devices in October alongside the release of Windows 8 and Microsoft Surface. A version of SmartGlass for Android smartphones was also released on Oct. 26.
The SmartGlass app lets users navigate the Xbox 360 dashboard with touchscreen swipes and taps, control video and music applications, edit their Xbox Live avatars, type via the iPhone and iPad on-screen keyboard and more.
The iOS version of Xbox SmartGlass requires iOS 5.0 or later. The free app replaces the previously released My Xbox Live app.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???