The purported re-release features box art that's vastly different from the original game's cover, and not just because it sports a Metal Gear 25th anniversary logo. Both ShopTo and Zavvi list the game for a Nov. 30 release in the U.K. No other details on the package are available at this time, so there's no word on what kind of bonus content it might include, if any.
Metal Gear Solid 4 originally launched in June 2008 exclusively on PlayStation 3. Konami did not release any downloadable content for it, but put out a patch this past August adding PlayStation Network Trophies to the game. Konami kicked off the Metal Gear franchise's 25th anniversary celebration earlier this year by announcing the next game in the series, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, just before PAX Prime.
We've reached out to Konami for more details, and will update this article with any information we receive. In the meantime, you can check out the 25th Anniversary Edition's box art below.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story