Electronic Arts is partnering with popular livestreaming service Twitch to make it easier for Origin users to broadcast live gameplay from their PC. The next version of EA's Origin client will introduce built-in broadcasting tools, making it possible to stream live gameplay directly to a user's Twitch channel.
"With just a few clicks, you can broadcast your game session, from Origin, directly to your Twitch account," writes Twitch community manager Jared Rea. "All you'll need to do is sign into your Twitch account while you're in Origin and you're ready to broadcast."
Twitch functionality in Origin will be released as part of an upcoming beta, with wider availability "in the coming weeks," Rea writes.
On the official Origin website, EA's Thierry Nguyen details how Twitch livestreaming will work from within the Origin client. New to the Origin UI is a "Twitch Video Broadcast" button, as is a "Broadcast" tab in settings where players can customize streaming options.
Nguyen writes that the Origin Twitch integration will roll out worldwide "in the coming days" to those who opted in to beta updates then more widely "shortly thereafter."
Twitch recently announced a livestreaming partnership with Sony Online Entertainment to add integrated broadcasting to online shooter Planetside 2.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!