Electronic Arts is partnering with popular livestreaming service Twitch to make it easier for Origin users to broadcast live gameplay from their PC. The next version of EA's Origin client will introduce built-in broadcasting tools, making it possible to stream live gameplay directly to a user's Twitch channel.
"With just a few clicks, you can broadcast your game session, from Origin, directly to your Twitch account," writes Twitch community manager Jared Rea. "All you'll need to do is sign into your Twitch account while you're in Origin and you're ready to broadcast."
Twitch functionality in Origin will be released as part of an upcoming beta, with wider availability "in the coming weeks," Rea writes.
On the official Origin website, EA's Thierry Nguyen details how Twitch livestreaming will work from within the Origin client. New to the Origin UI is a "Twitch Video Broadcast" button, as is a "Broadcast" tab in settings where players can customize streaming options.
Nguyen writes that the Origin Twitch integration will roll out worldwide "in the coming days" to those who opted in to beta updates then more widely "shortly thereafter."
Twitch recently announced a livestreaming partnership with Sony Online Entertainment to add integrated broadcasting to online shooter Planetside 2.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30