Electronic Arts is partnering with popular livestreaming service Twitch to make it easier for Origin users to broadcast live gameplay from their PC. The next version of EA's Origin client will introduce built-in broadcasting tools, making it possible to stream live gameplay directly to a user's Twitch channel.
"With just a few clicks, you can broadcast your game session, from Origin, directly to your Twitch account," writes Twitch community manager Jared Rea. "All you'll need to do is sign into your Twitch account while you're in Origin and you're ready to broadcast."
Twitch functionality in Origin will be released as part of an upcoming beta, with wider availability "in the coming weeks," Rea writes.
On the official Origin website, EA's Thierry Nguyen details how Twitch livestreaming will work from within the Origin client. New to the Origin UI is a "Twitch Video Broadcast" button, as is a "Broadcast" tab in settings where players can customize streaming options.
Nguyen writes that the Origin Twitch integration will roll out worldwide "in the coming days" to those who opted in to beta updates then more widely "shortly thereafter."
Twitch recently announced a livestreaming partnership with Sony Online Entertainment to add integrated broadcasting to online shooter Planetside 2.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?