Electronic Arts is partnering with popular livestreaming service Twitch to make it easier for Origin users to broadcast live gameplay from their PC. The next version of EA's Origin client will introduce built-in broadcasting tools, making it possible to stream live gameplay directly to a user's Twitch channel.
"With just a few clicks, you can broadcast your game session, from Origin, directly to your Twitch account," writes Twitch community manager Jared Rea. "All you'll need to do is sign into your Twitch account while you're in Origin and you're ready to broadcast."
Twitch functionality in Origin will be released as part of an upcoming beta, with wider availability "in the coming weeks," Rea writes.
On the official Origin website, EA's Thierry Nguyen details how Twitch livestreaming will work from within the Origin client. New to the Origin UI is a "Twitch Video Broadcast" button, as is a "Broadcast" tab in settings where players can customize streaming options.
Nguyen writes that the Origin Twitch integration will roll out worldwide "in the coming days" to those who opted in to beta updates then more widely "shortly thereafter."
Twitch recently announced a livestreaming partnership with Sony Online Entertainment to add integrated broadcasting to online shooter Planetside 2.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?