World of Warcraft users can help support the Red Cross' Superstorm Sandy Response relief when they purchase new in-game Cinder Kitten pet, Blizzard announced.
All proceeds from the purchase of the new pet go directly to the Red Cross in its effort to provide shelter, food and support to those affected by the storm. Cinder Kitten pets will be available in the coming weeks for $10 from the World of Warcraft Pet Store.
"Support the Red Cross's Superstorm Sandy Response relief efforts and adopt a Cinder Kitten when this fiery feline arrives in the Blizzard Store later this year," reads Blizzard's statement on Battle.net. "Your support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to survivors of disasters like Superstorm Sandy with 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee during this charity drive going toward this worthy cause."
Information regarding in-game pet adoption can be viewed on the official Pet Store FAQ.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell