World of Warcraft users can help support the Red Cross' Superstorm Sandy Response relief when they purchase new in-game Cinder Kitten pet, Blizzard announced.
All proceeds from the purchase of the new pet go directly to the Red Cross in its effort to provide shelter, food and support to those affected by the storm. Cinder Kitten pets will be available in the coming weeks for $10 from the World of Warcraft Pet Store.
"Support the Red Cross's Superstorm Sandy Response relief efforts and adopt a Cinder Kitten when this fiery feline arrives in the Blizzard Store later this year," reads Blizzard's statement on Battle.net. "Your support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to survivors of disasters like Superstorm Sandy with 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee during this charity drive going toward this worthy cause."
Information regarding in-game pet adoption can be viewed on the official Pet Store FAQ.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Indigenous groups seek games company to tell endangered stories