U.S. rapper The Game will make an appearance in the upcoming release of Grand Theft Auto 5, he told Philadelphia radio station Wired 96.5.
According to the rapper, he has "done a little bit of work with" Rockstar on the title. The Game previously worked with the developer on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as character Mark "B-Dup" Wayne; However, it is unknown whether he will reprise this role.
This information follows the reveal of a character description of Grand Theft Auto 5's protagonist, offered in this week's issue of Shortlist.
The protagonist of Rockstar's upcoming Grand Theft Auto 5 is described as an "East Coast gangster" who is attempting a fresh start after moving to the city of Los Santos, echoing information teased in the narration of the game's initial announcement trailer.
"But, as in The Godfather III," reads the synopsis, "just as he thought he was out, they pulled him back in."
Grand Theft Auto 5 will launch worldwide in Spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?