U.S. rapper The Game will make an appearance in the upcoming release of Grand Theft Auto 5, he told Philadelphia radio station Wired 96.5.
According to the rapper, he has "done a little bit of work with" Rockstar on the title. The Game previously worked with the developer on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as character Mark "B-Dup" Wayne; However, it is unknown whether he will reprise this role.
This information follows the reveal of a character description of Grand Theft Auto 5's protagonist, offered in this week's issue of Shortlist.
The protagonist of Rockstar's upcoming Grand Theft Auto 5 is described as an "East Coast gangster" who is attempting a fresh start after moving to the city of Los Santos, echoing information teased in the narration of the game's initial announcement trailer.
"But, as in The Godfather III," reads the synopsis, "just as he thought he was out, they pulled him back in."
Grand Theft Auto 5 will launch worldwide in Spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward