Update: Today BioWare confirmed Star Wars: The Old Republic will be free-to-play as of Nov. 15, across all territories. Players will be able to experience the game for free up to level 50, and current paying subscribers will receive 250 complimentary Cartel Coins for use in the Cartel Market.
The Rewards Program has also been extended, and former subscribers who renew subscriptions by 12:59 a.m. ET on Dec. 21 will receive will receive Complimentary Cartel Coins for previously paid-for subscription time.
Original Story: BioWare's Star Wars-themed MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic may go free-to-play as early next week, according to a recent interview with senior producer Blaine Christine and live producer Cory Butler on German website Gamona, which has since been removed from the site.
Gamona writes that it was invited to a conference call in which the producers announced the game would go free-to-play on Thursday, Nov. 15 along with its 1.5 update, according to a translation posted on the SWTOR forums.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?