Update: Today BioWare confirmed Star Wars: The Old Republic will be free-to-play as of Nov. 15, across all territories. Players will be able to experience the game for free up to level 50, and current paying subscribers will receive 250 complimentary Cartel Coins for use in the Cartel Market.
The Rewards Program has also been extended, and former subscribers who renew subscriptions by 12:59 a.m. ET on Dec. 21 will receive will receive Complimentary Cartel Coins for previously paid-for subscription time.
Original Story: BioWare's Star Wars-themed MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic may go free-to-play as early next week, according to a recent interview with senior producer Blaine Christine and live producer Cory Butler on German website Gamona, which has since been removed from the site.
Gamona writes that it was invited to a conference call in which the producers announced the game would go free-to-play on Thursday, Nov. 15 along with its 1.5 update, according to a translation posted on the SWTOR forums.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Fenix Fire launches Kickstarter campaign for arcade adventure Source
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?