A bug in Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation corrupts players' save files and traps them in loading screens, according to a thread on publisher Ubisoft's official forums.
Players are reporting getting stuck in the Animus loading screen while trying to boot up, and are unable to re-enter the game. A similar time-freezing bug has been reported on the GameFaqs forums, with players losing progress after being forced to restart without saving.
"Sorry for the problems you are having," Ubisoft forum manager "Mr_Shade" responded to the thread. "Please do contact Ubisoft support directly — they can help solve the issue — or forward details to the team working on it!"
Polygon has reached out for Ubisoft regarding its plans to correct this bug, and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Grand Theft Auto 5's PC version will get an updated soundtrack