Dominic Cooper, who played businessman Howard Stark in the Captain America movie, is in talks to star alongside Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul in the 2014 Need for Speed movie from Dreamworks, reports Variety.
Cooper will play Dino, an ex-NASCAR driver who has made a business out of buying and remodeling supercars through his wealthy connections.
The story follows Paul's character, an underground race car driver who owns a black market garage that applies speed modifications to expensive cars. His best friend is murdered and he is framed for the crime, and upon release from jail he sets out seeking revenge.
Fright Night remake star Imogen Poots is also rumored to play an exotic car dealer in the film.
Dreamworks purchased the rights to the film in June, announcing it would be based off of and remain true to the idea of the video game franchise while crafting an entirely new story. The film is slated to release on Feb. 7, 2014.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it