Dominic Cooper, who played businessman Howard Stark in the Captain America movie, is in talks to star alongside Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul in the 2014 Need for Speed movie from Dreamworks, reports Variety.
Cooper will play Dino, an ex-NASCAR driver who has made a business out of buying and remodeling supercars through his wealthy connections.
The story follows Paul's character, an underground race car driver who owns a black market garage that applies speed modifications to expensive cars. His best friend is murdered and he is framed for the crime, and upon release from jail he sets out seeking revenge.
Fright Night remake star Imogen Poots is also rumored to play an exotic car dealer in the film.
Dreamworks purchased the rights to the film in June, announcing it would be based off of and remain true to the idea of the video game franchise while crafting an entirely new story. The film is slated to release on Feb. 7, 2014.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman