Poptropica Adventures, a 2D role-playing game based on the titular free-to-play kid-oriented virtual world, launched today on Nintendo DS.
Poptropica Adventures players are tasked with repairing the destroyed museum of Poptropica, and they'll have to go on quests across three of Poptrislands to uncover artifacts in order to do it. They'll also be able to customize their avatars, just like on the Poptropica website.
"We think kids will have fun exploring our world in an experience that only the Nintendo DS can deliver," said Jeff Kinney, creator of Poptropica and author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.
According to Poptropica, over 250 million children have visited the site since its launch in 2007, creating more than 500 million virtual characters.
Poptropica Adventures is now available on DS for $29.99. You can watch the launch trailer below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?