PlanetSide 2 players will have the ability to try out weapons as part of short trial periods prior to purchasing them in the game's microtransaction shop, Sony Online Entertainment's John Smedley revealed on his Twitter.
The game is to feature a complex microtransaction system, allowing players access to weapon "sidegrades." According to Smedley, SOE has taken aboard user feedback and will implement these trials by launch.
"We have listened to your feedback and we are implementing the ability to try weapons before you buy them - for launch," wrote Smedley.
He would add in a later tweet that trials are subject to certain time limitations, and limits are to be placed on the number of items tested daily in trial periods.
"These trials will likely be short, and we will limit the number of items you can try per day, but we have heard your feedback loud and clear," Smedley wrote. "This won't be a VR range. That could come later, but no guarantees. You'll be using the weapons in combat."
PlanetSide 2's external beta will officially come to an end Nov. 16. The game will launch on PC Nov. 20, with a Mac version planned for a later date.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death