I have a bad feeling about this.
This week, we played Angry Birds Star Wars, a mobile game that unites two of the most popular brands of the moment. Truly, Angry Birds and Star Wars have so much in common. Both have a cult following. Both are updated regularly. Both star falcons. They go together like money and rich people.
But it's not just about the cash, is it? It has to be about giving the fans what they want, too. Finally, the world gets to see birds wielding lightsabers and pigs wearing Darth Vader masks. This is probably what George Lucas envisioned all along.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders