Fuck This Jam, a game jam that challenges developers to create games in genres they despise, began today and will run through 6:00 p.m. in all time zones on Nov. 17, according to the official website.
The idea behind the jam is to make "beautiful things" by subverting conventions and rules in genres that its participants despise. Rami Ismail, co-founder of Super Crate Box developer Vlambeer, also co-founded the project, to which over 1,400 jammers have pledged their participation.
The website is still accepting sign ups. A page outlining Fuck This Jam's rules explains that anyone can "participate for just two days or seven days. You can even participate for an hour (like 0hjam) or for two months. It's just that we'll organize things for the week of November 9th, only".
You can check out a video about the the jam, full of NSFW words, below.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying