Legendary superhero creator Stan Lee, the mind behind Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four, has a new super-powered character to unleash upon the world: Verticus. The free-falling superhero is the star of the eponymous Verticus, an iOS game coming to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on Nov. 15.
Lee created the original characters and story for Verticus, as well as providing voiceover for the game. Players control a superhero equipped with a futuristic jump suit who must save Earth from an alien race known as The Obliterators. The game was developed by Lee's Pow! Entertainment, Controlled Chaos Media and Moonshark Mobile.
Verticus will be available on the iTunes App Store next week for $1.99.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!